Through the WebCam

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Grievous, Jar-Jar, The Emperor, and Yoda

Monday night there was a Q&A session with 3 animators from ILM that worked on Star Wars Episode III. They had worked on the scenes with General Grievous scurrying away on all six appendages, the fight between The Emperor and Yoda, general Jar-Jar goodness, and many more. It was awesome to hear them talk about the process they went through and how organized the production was. They had a million billion shots to do, but they were actually ahead of schedule. Awesome!

Someone asked the animators if they ever took the Jar-Jar model and performed violent, painful acts on it. They said no. I would probably create an animation where Jar-Jar was super smooth with the ladies. He would be out to dinner with a hot Gungan and he would try and woo her with his Robert Goulet like voice. Goulet!

Next week is our first animation assignment. I am super excited about that. I can't wait to get feedback from my mentor about my animation. I hope he has a lot of Pixar goodness to pass along to me. Bouyah! I will be adding my assignments to this Blog and I will be looking for feedback, so get ready!

This is a side note, but I got drunk on Saturday night and watched Transformers The Movie. Whoa! I never realized that Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, and ORSON WELLES were voices in it. I could not imagine calling up Orson Welles and asking him if he wants to be the voice for Unicron, a planet size robot that eats other worlds. Freaky deaky!

Unicrock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home