Through the WebCam

Monday, June 20, 2005

WebCam Etiquette

I am sitting here waiting for my first live Q&A WebCam session at Animation Mentor. The three guys who started it are leading the presentation.

I am kind of nervous. There are going to be around 600 people in this chat and at any time the leaders could call on me and bring up my WebCam feed. It is all very 1984 man. I can see it now. They bring up my feed and all of a sudden my mouth goes numb. I can't turn my head. The tension builds and builds until finally I explode updwards, ripping off my clothes and passing gas until finally my WebCam is clouded by shreds of clothes and noxious gases. It takes me back to junior high.

Whoa! I just noticed someone from europe in the chatroom. His clock reads 3:22 am. Wow! That is dedication. I usually start to halucinate around 1:00 am. You know? The kind of halucination, brought on by sleep deprevation, that has you seeing bugs crawling all over you and aardvarks nibbling at your legs. Crap that is late!

Well, the server clock says that I have 10 minutes to go until the presentation. I think I will get into some freaky yoga pose and try and calm myself down. Wish me luck people.

The true test will be Wednesday when I meet with my mentor. That is when I actually have to start wearing pants to the WebCam conferences.

Rock of ages!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home