Through the WebCam

Thursday, June 23, 2005

2D Animation is Beautiful

I watched two lectures tonight. One was on 2D animation and the other one was on Spacing. The 2D lecture was given by a Pixar animator. Woo hoo! She drew this mouse jumping roap and I thought I was going to put on my "O" face right there. It was so beautiful. The whole process of blocking out the key drawings and then breaking down the inbetweens was just amazing. The final animation was just so cool. I love the look of 2D animation. The medium itself just makes for a great looking image.

The spacing lecture was great too. It brought me back to my physics days and how these things that we are creating in the computer need to act like they are living and breathing in our world. So far 2 great lectures.

It is so hot, by Minneapolis standards. It was 97 degrees today. It might have been 98, but I don't want to get sued by Nick Lashay. I have the AC pumpin' in the bedroom, but unfortunately my computer is out in the dry, hot desert known as my living room. I hope we get some cold Canadian winds soon or I may have to start going to my Q&As naked.

Rock it man!

1 Comments:

  • Sorry dude. Only students can view that animation goodness.

    What do you want to animate in Flash? Have you tried http://www.flashkit.com. They have a lot of great Flash tutorials.

    Rock!

    By Blogger Derek, At 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home