Through the WebCam

Sunday, June 19, 2005

What?!

What?! You have to actually post stuff to these blog things? That is crazy talk my friends. I don't know if I am ready for this. I am possibly the worst writer that has ever wroten :)

Well, there are 2 reasons why I started this blog. They haven't made it to the subtitle yet, but they are definitely the foundation of what I am trying to do here. The first reason is to report, to the world, about my Animation Mentor experience.

"What is Animation Mentor D-man", you ask? That is an excellence question.

Basically, Animation Mentor is an online animation school created by three animators from ILM and Pixar. You receive animation assignments and then you interact with a mentor, who is a professional animator, over a WebCam. I was assigned a Pixar animator who has worked there since Bug's Life. Wicked! So, each week I will complete some kind of animation exercise and then my mentor will "rip me a new one", breaking down all the self confidence I ever had and wished to have. Then the process will repeat the following week. I feel a Disney song coming on...The circle of life or something.

I will upload my weekly assignments and you, the world, can comment on my "progress"...(cough).

The second reason I started this blog is to defend myself against what my wife, Dr. Pistachio, says on her blog. I think the whole World Wide Web thinks that I never do the dishes or wipe after I poop. Well! I do...sometimes :)

Oh crap! My wife has put the Lord of the Dance song on my Itunes playlist. I must go and first dance to it, undulating my legs like no other, and then finally delete the song so that I never have to listen to that horror again.

Rock people!

3 Comments:

  • Yea!

    The D-Man is blogging! I know this blog is for your work, but I love having more blogs to read!

    Is any of your animation going to be accessible on the internet?

    By Blogger Gail, At 4:30 PM  

  • Yeah! I am going to post animation here. I want to get as much feedback as possible.

    Rock!

    By Blogger Derek, At 7:12 PM  

  • Cool! I don't know what a web cam is. But have a groovy time in class!

    peace out

    By Blogger Gail, At 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home