Through the WebCam

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Let's See How Many Cookies I Can Eat!

Oh mang! I just bought 200 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from my adorable nieces. Their cuteness and surprisingly good sales techniques made me do it. I soon will be very over weight and smell like Caramel Delights.

I need to post my final marriage proposal animation, but I have to take out my character's annoying thumb movements first, so stay tuned.

I don't usually post about my job, but I recently created a golf hole for a corporate sponsored mini golf extravaganza and I have to tell you about it. I built a motion detector with my webcam and Flash and I hooked it up to our sweet LCD at work. I pointed the camera inside a box where the hole was hidden. To get the ball in the hole you have to shoot it through an opening in the front of the box. Since you can't see the hole you have to watch the video on the LCD screen. Whoa! Finally, when the ball does enter the box, Flash uses the webcam to detect movement and depending on the position of the ball certain messages and sounds play. Wow! That was hard to explain. Maybe I will post some pictures. Blah!

I have been looking through my music collection and listening to music from junior high and high school. Of course Primus is always on my playlist, but I have also been listening to a lot of Nirvana, Life Sex and Death, and Devo. I also can't get enough of that L7 song "Pretend We're Dead". Man! That song is a beast. Next I think I will dig into my Kraftwerk CDs.


I have to get back to sketching. Rock people!

1 Comments:

  • Oh mang! I have switched over to "The Humpty Dance" now. Digital Underground 4evah!

    By Blogger Derek, At 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home